EZServe enhancement

This forum is a place to make requests. If you see something you like, post a reply showing your interest in that idea.

Moderator: Justin

jsulin

EZServe enhancement

Postby jsulin » Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:56 pm

It would be great in future versions to be able to schedule via a timer the ability to perform regular restarts on the EZServe. I use this product to control a summer home and since v2.0 the reliability has decreased. v1.6 was very stable but v2.0 seems to hang after a period of time and I loose all connectivity and have to go to the summer home to power cycle the unit to return it to useability. If I could schedule a regular recycle and it would work, it would save me a 3 hr drive. I also have a webcam at the same residence and have reliable service, so I know it is not the broadband service , router or cable modem.

grif091

Re: EZServe enhancement

Postby grif091 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:05 pm

Depending on the state of the EZSrve you may be able to access it through the V2 API port 8002. Using the SHN Utility, EZBridge/EZServe Control tab issue the following V2 xml command to test access while things are working .....

<command>GetRevision</command>

This will return and display the current revision number.

If the V2 API is accessible you can issue the following .....

<command>Restart</command>

to initiate an EZSrve Restart. This may not work, depends on the nature of the original problem. This does Restart EZSrve on a working unit.

Return to “Product Ideas”